Lindsey Charles is a licensed social worker and a certified health coach with over 10 years of nonprofit experience. Lindsey has worked as a social worker in educational settings and provides technical assistance best practices for staff working with youth. As the Associate Director of Support Services at FEGS (Federation Employment Guidance Services) she supports 13 teachers at schools throughout New York City, supports them with trainings, technical assistance, and innovative protocols to more effectively work with young people.
As a former Co-Chair of the Audre Lorde Project’s Board of Directors Lindsey, provided fiscal oversight, conducted strategic planning, fundraised, and led board recruitment efforts to support the organization’s management and development. She’s passionate about social justice, wellness, violence prevention, food justice and reducing staff burnout.
At Vision Change Win Lindsey works with clients on a variety of issues including:
• Organization sustainability and reducing burnout
• Conflict resolution and mediation
• Restorative practice policies and protocols
• Individual clinical supervision
• Diversity and inclusion strategies
• Physical and verbal de-escalation
• Effective collaborations between direct service and community organizing
• Increasing the effectiveness of youth development programs
• Professional development strategies for educators
• Best practices on board recruitment and retention